Kidsgrove: Kidsgrove Safer Communities Partnership - for traders
Are you a trader in Kidsgrove?</ br>
Do you want to be actively protecting your interests in Kidsgrove Town Centre?
</ br> </ br>
PC Phil Smart and your County Councillors – Margaret Astle and John Taylor are increasingly concerned about the increase of anti-social behaviour that has taken place within the town centre.</ br></ br>
Three premises recently suffered serious incidents resulting in the glass from shop frontages being vandalised. This form of anti-social behaviour is unacceptable and we are keen to eliminate this type of behaviour within our town centre.</ br></ br>
Councillor Margaret Astle and Councillor John Taylor are prepared to contribute funding toward CCTV for the town centre. PC Phil Smart is assiduously investigating other means of funding. However, we cannot eliminate anti-social behaviour without your help.</ br></ br>
We are keen to form the ‘Kidsgrove Safer Communities Partnership’ by working together with all the Kidsgrove Traders, the Police and your County Councillors. The first step is to organise a meeting with town centre traders, the police and your County Councillors.</ br></ br>
This future meeting shall take place at Kidsgrove Police Station and the time and date is yet to be ascertained.</ br></ br>
If you are interested in helping your community and protecting the viability of your business then please help us to help you?</ br></ br>
Kidsgrove: Remembrance Day in Kidsgrove 2006 - Updated Video
Kidsgrove’s Remembrance Service was well attended and I am proud to have attended the Remembrance Service. I would like to thank all the community groups and a special thanks to The British Legion and the Kidsgrove Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps.
Please click onto the box below to view some of the days events.
<img src =" <object width="425" height="350"> "a>"
Kidsgrove: Kidsgrove Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps
The Kidsgrove Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps were runners-up in the recent 2006 Drum Corps United Kingdom Championships. The Corps won the high brass trophy for the first time in its history.
Steve Muzio, instructor for the brass section commented, “The trophy is the end result of a years worth of hard work carried out by all members of the Brass section. The members performed brilliantly on the night and fully deserved the win”.
Mark Cresswell, a long time member of the Kidsgrove Scouts Brass section was thrilled with the win. “This has been an excellent year for me and winning the Brass trophy is a great way to finish the season”.
Plans for 2007 are already underway with rehearsals commencing on Sunday 19th November at Chesterton High School. For more information visit www.kidsgrovescouts.org, email email@example.com, or call Steve Muzio on 07789 057490.
· The Kidsgrove Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps is a part of the 1st Kidsgrove Scouts Group (founded in 1905).
· The Kidsgrove Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps is made up of approximately 52 members (Brass, Percussion, and Colourguard sections), 12 teaching staff members, and 8 support staff.
· The Drum Corps United Kingdom Championships took place on 30th September 2006 and is an annual event run by Drum Corps United Kingdom (see www.dcuk.org.uk for more information).
· Kidsgrove Scouts have recently set up a Junior Corps for beginners or less experienced members.
· The Kidsgrove Scouts currently offer free music lessons to the local community of Kidsgrove and the surrounding area. The group is also able to supply instrumentation to participants of lessons.